Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Participate in OHS processes'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBOHS201A, 'Participate in OHS processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Participate in OHS processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Work safely
1.1. Follow established safety procedures when conducting work
1.2. Carry out pre-start systems and equipment checks in accordance with workplace procedures
2. Implement workplace safety requirements
2.1. Identify designated persons for reporting queries and concerns about safety in the workplace
2.2. Identify existing and potential hazards in the workplace, report them to designated persons and record them in accordance with workplace procedures
2.3. Identify and implement workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risks
2.4. Report emergency incidents and injuries to designated persons
3. Participate in OHS consultative processes
3.1. Contribute to workplace meetings, inspections or other consultative activities
3.2. Raise OHS issues with designated persons in accordance with organisational procedures
3.3. Take actions to eliminate workplace hazards or to reduce risks
4. Follow safety procedures
4.1. Identify and report emergency incidents
4.2. Follow organisational procedures for responding to emergency incidents