Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Support older people to maintain their independence'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCAC317A, 'Support older people to maintain their independence'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support older people to maintain their independence' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Support the older person with their activities of living
1.1 Encourage older people to utilise support services where appropriate
1.2 Clearly explain the scope of the service to be provided to the older person and/or their advocate
1.3 Identify the needs of the older person from the service delivery plan and from consultation with a supervisor
1.4 Ensure visits and service delivery accommodate the older person's established routines and customs where possible
1.5 Perform work in a manner that acknowledges that the services are being provided in the client's own home
1.6 Provide services in a manner that enables the older person to direct the processes where appropriate
1.7 Provide support/assistance in accordance with organisation policy, protocols and procedures
1.8 Demonstrate appropriate use of equipment to support/assist the older person with activities of living within work role and responsibility
2. Recognise and report changes in an older person's ability to undertake activities of living
2.1 Monitor the older person's activities and environment to identify increased need for support/assistance with activities of living
2.2 Report to a supervisor the older person's inability to undertake activities of living independently
2.3 Support/assist the older person to modify or adapt the environment or activity to facilitate independence
2.4 Seek aids and/or equipment to support/assist the older person undertake activities of living independently
3. Support the older person to maintain an environment that maximises independence, safety and security
3.1 Encourage and support/assist the older person to maintain their environment
3.2 Provide support to promote security of the older person's environment
3.3 Adapt or modify the environment, in consultation with the older person, to maximise safety and comfort
3.4 Recognise hazards and address in accordance with organisation policy and protocols
4. Support the older person who is experiencing loss and grief
4.1 Recognise signs that older person is experiencing grief and report to appropriate person
4.2 Use appropriate communication strategies when older person is expressing their fears and other emotions associated with loss and grief
4.3 Provide older person and/or their support network with information regarding relevant support services as required