Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Support students' mathematics learning for numeracy'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCEDS408A, 'Support students' mathematics learning for numeracy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support students' mathematics learning for numeracy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Facilitate application of mathematics skills for numeracy
1.1 Identify and explain a variety of numeracy demands and opportunities in daily life
1.2 Demonstrate the different functions of mathematics using activities and examples
1.3 Monitor students' understanding and use of mathematics through observation, listening and conversation, and provide information to teachers to inform planning
1.4 Identify factors affecting acquisition of mathematics skills for numeracy and discuss with the teacher/s
1.5 Develop numerate understandings appropriate to students' culture, age, abilities, interests and needs
1.6 Use examples and activities to highlight and explain applications of mathematics for numeracy to scaffoldlearning
1.7 Model use of mathematics skills appropriate to a range of life and workplace situations relevant to specific students
2. Support students to develop mathematics skills for numerate understanding
2.1 Determine strategies for supporting students in the application of mathematics skills for numeracy in consultation with the teacher/s
2.2 Implement planned strategies to enhance the abilities of students and address their individual needs
2.3 Encourage students to problem-solve using mathematics knowledge and skills in everyday life contexts
2.4 Use explicit talk to focus students on specific mathematics knowledge and skills to be numerate
3. Enhance students' mathematics knowledge and skills through structured activities
3.1 Use accurate mathematics terminology and concepts, as planned with teacher/s, to support students' learning
3.2 Implement strategies devised with teacher/s to develop students' skills in the use of mathematics for numeracy understanding
3.3 Use planned strategies to engage students in identifying mathematical knowledge and skills for numeracy across all key learning areas
3.4 Encourage students to improve mental computation and calculation skills using strategies appropriate to students' developmental levels
3.5 Ensure students check for reasonableness of solutions when calculating, using a range of strategies including estimating and technology
3.6 Encourage students and build their confidence to attempt problem solving that requires the use of mathematics knowledge and skills
4. Design resources to support mathematics learning for numeracy
4.1 Plan learning environments and activities in advance with the teacher/s
4.2 Design resources, in consultation with teacher/s, to reinforce mathematical knowledge and skills, while fulfilling curriculum requirements
4.3 Design resources to suit the developmental level of the students, as determined by the teacher/s