Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Facilitate individualised plans'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCICS402A, 'Facilitate individualised plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Facilitate individualised plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Look for relevant questions and answers about the subject on Yahoo. Again, this was an automated process, and some of the results are a bit odd. I'm still undecided about how useful this function is, so I'll be tinkering with it for a while yet.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Establish and maintain appropriate relationship with the client
1.1 Introduce oneself appropriately
1.2 Demonstrate courtesy towards the client
1.3 Conduct interpersonal exchanges in a manner that develops, and maintains trust
1.4 Maintain confidentiality and privacy of the person within organisation policy and protocols
1.5 Conduct interpersonal exchanges in a manner that respects cultural sensitivities and needs
1.6 Support the interests, rights and decision-making of the person in all dealings
2. Provide information about the planning process
2.1 Explain the purpose of the planning process
2.2 Discuss different planning options with the client
2.3 Work with the client to select most appropriate planning option
3. Facilitate development of the individualised plan
3.1 Work with the client to determine readiness for the development of an individualised plan
3.2 Work with the client to determine stakeholders to be included in the planning process
3.3 Determine the place and time for planning that best meets client needs
3.4 Organise venue and provide invitations and necessary background material to relevant stakeholders
3.5 Follow process requirements of the planning tool or template
3.6 Prepare relevant documents prior to the planning session
3.7 Conduct any required assessments or liaise with the assessor prior to the planning session
3.8 Conduct planning session in a manner that respects the client's perspective, fosters their strengths and capacities and promotes their participation
3.9 Manage any conflict or differences with regard for the client's perspective
3.10 Clearly record the planning activities and summarise and provide details for feedback
4. Determine risks associated with supporting the individualised plan
4.1 Conduct environmental risk assessment for functions associated with supporting the plan
4.2 Conduct risk assessment specific to client's circumstances
4.3 Discuss elements of risk with the client
4.4 Work with the client to identify strategies to remove or reduce risk
4.5 Develop strategies to remove or reduce risk according to organisation policy and procedures and legislative requirements
4.6 Identify other risks to the person and report accordingly
5. Implement and review individualised plan
5.1 Provide information and support to assist client to monitor their plan
5.2 Provide information and support to relevant others to implement the plan
5.3 Respond to reports of variation in client's circumstances that could affect the support requirements
5.4 Work with client and relevant others to make any required adjustments to the individualised plan
5.5 Facilitate discussion with client and supervisor to identify areas of the individualised plan that require review
5.6 Facilitate discussion with the client and supervisor in a manner that acknowledges the client as their own expert
5.7 Facilitate discussion with the client and supervisor in a manner that supports client self determination
6. Complete documentation, including writing or amending an individualised plan
6.1 Comply with the organisation's reporting requirements
6.2 Complete documentation according to organisation policy and protocols
6.3 Maintain documentation in a manner consistent with reporting requirements
6.4 File documentation organisation policy and protocols