Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Balance cash holdings'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FNSRETA309B, 'Balance cash holdings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Balance cash holdings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Maintain accurate cash floats
Cash in drawer is maintained in accordance with organisation's policies and procedures
Regular cash transaction processing and proofings are conducted within specified timeframes and recorded appropriately
Cash withdrawn and deposited is checked for accuracy
Cash at close of business is counted in accordance with organisation's policies and procedures and discrepancies are investigated and corrected in order to balance float
Cash within branch budget is maintained within limits
Remove receipts from terminal
Terminal balances are performed in line with organisation's policies and procedures
Cash is supplied to terminal according to organisation's policies and procedures and float is separated from takings prior to balancing procedures
Terminal information is recorded appropriately after accurate checking
Security policies and procedures are followed in the removal and transportation of cash (including cash float) and non-cash documents
Cash and non-cash documents are correctly counted/ calculated
Terminal reading and sum of cash and non-cash transactions are compared appropriately to achieve balance
Records of individual takings are recorded accurately and in accordance with organisation's policies and procedures