Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Spread and compact materials manually'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIICCM207A, 'Spread and compact materials manually'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Spread and compact materials manually' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to the work activity
1.2. Obtain and confirm safety requirements from the site safety plan and organisational policies and procedures, and apply to the allotted task
1.3. Identify, obtain and implement signage requirements from the project traffic management plan
1.4. Select plant and tools and equipment to carry out tasks consistent with the requirements of the job, check for serviceability and rectify or report any faults
1.5. Identify environmental protection requirements from the project environmental management plan, and confirm and apply to the allotted task
2. Conduct compaction machine operational checks
2.1. Carry out pre-start, start-up and shutdown procedures in accordance with manufacturer's and/or site specific requirements
2.2. Check machine controls and functions for serviceability, and rectify or report any faults
3. Spread and compact materials
3.1. Conduct basic field identification test and identify material type
3.2. Direct trucks to required location for loading/dumping
3.3. Direct delivered/relocated materials to correct location
3.4. Check manufactured material for segregation
3.5. Conduct field test to ensure material moisture is suitable
3.6. Direct machine operator to spread materials to specified levels
3.7. Finish materials by hand to specified levels
3.8. Consolidate materials into layers by hand held mechanical compaction equipment
3.9. Conduct field test to ensure compaction has been achieved in restricted locations
4. Clean up
4.1. Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials in accordance with project environmental management plan
4.2. Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment t