Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAEDES402A, 'Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Select appropriate training package or accredited course
1.1. Confirm training and/or assessment needs of client
1.2. Identify and source training packages and/or accredited courses which could satisfy client needs
1.3. Use training products in line with the training and assessment organisation's quality assurance policies and procedures
2. Analyse and interpret the qualifications framework
2.1. Read and interpret qualification rules
2.2. Review and determine applicable licensing requirements and prerequisites
2.3. Determine suitable electives that meet client needs and job roles
3. Analyse and interpret units of competency and accredited modules
3.1. Select individual unit or accredited module to meet client needs
3.2. Read, analyse and interpret all parts of the unit or accredited module for application to client needs
3.3. Analyse links between unit and/or accredited module to develop effective applications for the client
3.4. Document analysis of unit or accredited module in a clear and accessible manner
4. Contextualise units and modules for client applications
4.1. Use information from the client to contextualise the unit or accredited module to meet client needs
4.2. Use advice on contextualisation produced by the training package developer or course developer to meet client needs
5. Analyse and interpret assessment guidance
5.1. Read, analyse and apply the assessment guidance of the relevant training package or accredited course
5.2. Determine any special requirements for assessment or reasonable adjustment to suit client needs