Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Work with colleagues and customers'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXCOM001A, 'Work with colleagues and customers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work with colleagues and customers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers about the unit's competency field: Communication and Teamwork
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Communicate with customers.
Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
Use language and tone appropriate to a given situation in both written and spoken communication.
Source relevant information about products and services and provide information clearly to customers.
Use appropriate non-verbal communication in all situations.
Observe and take into consideration non-verbal communication of colleagues and customers.
Show sensitivity to cultural and social differences.
Use active listening and questioning to facilitate effective two-way communication.
Select an appropriate medium of communication for the particular audience, purpose and situation, taking into consideration the characteristics of each medium and the relevant factors involved.
Use communication medium correctly and according to standard protocols and organisationprocedures.
Maintain personal presentation standards.
Practise high standards of personal presentation according to organisation requirements, work location, impacts on different types of customers and specific requirements for particular work functions.
Provide service to colleagues and customers.
Identify colleague and customer needs and expectations correctly, including customers with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services or information.
Meet all reasonable colleague and customer needs and requests within acceptable organisation timeframes.
Identify and take all opportunities to enhance service quality.
Respond to conflicts and customer complaints.
Identify potential and existing conflicts and seek solutions in conjunction with parties involved.
Recognise customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and organisation procedures.
Respond to customer complaints positively, sensitively and politely and in consultation with the customer.
Refer escalated complaints to the appropriate person according to individual level of responsibility and organisation policy and procedures.
Maintain a positive and cooperative manner at all times.
Work in a team.
Demonstrate trust, support and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
Recognise and accommodate cultural differences within the team.
Identify work-team goals jointly with colleagues and relevant others.
Identify, prioritise and complete individual tasks within designated timeframes.
Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
Offer assistance to colleagues when required to ensure designated work goals are met.
Acknowledge and respond to feedback and information from other team members.
Negotiate changes to individual responsibilities to meet reviewed work goals.