Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTHIR403C, 'Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Reflect cultural awareness in work practice
1.1 Demonstrate awareness of culture as a factor in all human behaviour by using culturally appropriate work practices
1.2 Use work practices that create a culturally and psychologically safe environment for all persons
1.3 Review and modify work practices in consultation with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
2. Accept cultural diversity as a basis for effective work place and professional relationships
2.1 Show respect for cultural diversity in all communication and interactions with co-workers, colleagues and clients
2.2 Use specific strategies to eliminate bias and discrimination in the workplace
2.3 Contribute to the development of work place and professional relationships based on acceptance of cultural diversity
3. Communicate effectively with culturally diverse persons
3.1 Show respect for cultural diversity in all communication with clients, families, staff and others
3.2 Use communication constructively to develop and maintain effective relationships, mutual trust and confidence
3.3 Where language barriers exist, make efforts to communicate in the most effective way possible
3.4 Seek assistance from interpreters or other persons as required
4. Resolve cross-cultural misunderstandings
4.1 Identify issues that may cause conflict
4.2 If difficulties or misunderstandings occur, consider the impact of cultural differences
4.3 Make an effort to sensitively resolve differences, taking account of cultural considerations
4.4 Address any difficulties with appropriate people and seek assistance when required