Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBSUS301A, 'Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Investigate current practices in relation to resource usage
1.1. Identify environmental regulations applying to the enterprise
1.2. Analyse procedures for assessing compliance with environmental/sustainability regulations
1.3. Collect information on environmental and resource efficiency systems and procedures, and provide to the work group where appropriate
1.4. Collect, analyse and organise information from a range of sources to provide information/advice and tools/resources for improvement opportunities
1.5. Measure and document current resource usage of members of the work group
1.6. Analyse and document current purchasing strategies
1.7. Analyse current work processes to access information and data to assist in identifying areas for improvement
2. Set targets for improvements
2.1. Seek input from stakeholders, key personnel and specialists
2.2. Access external sources of information and data as required
2.3. Evaluate alternative solutions to workplace environmental issues
2.4. Set efficiency targets
3. Implement performance improvement strategies
3.1. Source and use appropriate techniques and tools to assist in achieving efficiency targets
3.2. Apply continuous improvement strategies to own work area of responsibility, including ideas and possible solutions to communicate to the work group and management
3.3. Implement and integrate environmental and resource efficiency improvement plans for own work group with other operational activities
3.4. Supervise and support team members to identify possible areas for improved practices and resource efficiency in work area
3.5. Seek suggestions and ideas about environmental and resource efficiency management from stakeholders and act upon where appropriate
3.6. Implement costing strategies to fully value environmental assets
4. Monitor performance
4.1. Use and/or develop evaluation and monitoring, tools and technology
4.2. Document and communicate outcomes to report on efficiency targets to key personnel and stakeholders
4.3. Evaluate strategies and improvement plans
4.4. Set new efficiency targets, and investigate and apply new tools and strategies
4.5. Promote successful strategies and reward participants where possible